24th Evolutionary Biology Meeting at Marseilles:
The date of the next meeting is September 20_23, 2022 If the travel conditions are the same as this year then we will organize a virtual meeting. We are working on this possibility to be sure that the EBM will continue
It will be very difficult to travel this year specially overseas travel as you know many of us come from non european countries Therefore, we have decided to postpone the meeting again to 2022 If the travel conditions are the same as this year we will then organize a virtual meeting we are already working on it.
The Evolutionary Biology Meeting at Marseilles is an annual congress which has gathered high level experts in evolutionary biology since its creation in 1997.
If the congress was initially a local meeting, it quickly gained an important weight in the scientific life. Indeed, whereas the number of participants has been increasing, the geographical origin of the researchers has been diversifying and widening year by year.
Today, the Evolutionary Biology Meeting at Marseilles has reached a worldwide dimension and plays a paramount role in the international scientific life: allowing the gathering of high level specialists, it encourages the exchange of ideas and stimulates the works of the researchers all through the world.
The following subjects will be discussed:
- Evolutionary biology concepts and modeling;
- Biodiversity and Systematics;
- Comparative genomics ans post-genomics (at all taxomic levels);
- Functional phylogeny;
- Environment and biological evolution;
- Origin of life and exobiology;
- Non-adaptative versus adaptative evolution;
- The « minor » phyla: their usefulness in evolutionary biology knowledge;
- Convergent evolution
- Evolution of complex traits (Evo-Devo)
contact Marie-Hélène Rome